Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Are any of the lower cost 24” ovens worth buying? Kitchenaid is about the lowest quality that I’ve specified, but I have a client who is wanting a “built in toaster oven”. Haier, being GE, was my thought as a low cost alternative. But I just don’t know about the rest of the rebadged and renamed all seem the same.

AL
      Keymaster
      Up
      Down
      ::

24″ is a smaller size and very few made as you may see, it’s great for a space saver but won’t work well as like a toaster function. The KitchenAid is a very good unit in the 24″ just takes a while to heat up with Fisher Paykel prob being one of the best, but they are better off looking maybe at a speed oven? In a 24″ that would toast better as it will have the element needed Miele makes a few. The best overall option if not mounted too high, is the Sharp SMD2499 air fry, toaster, microwave all in one unit. It pulls out like a drawer so needs to be mounted at a proper height for use, but really will function more like a toaster if they seek that. https://shop.sharpusa.com/24-in-built-in-smart-convection-microwave-drawer-oven-smd2499fs/

Air Fry

Microwave

Convection

Speed Cook

Toast

Up
      Down
      ::

Thank you for your suggestion! I’ve used the Sharp MW drawer before in designs, and the client currently has an the underpowered 110 version of the Advantium. I will suggest that we take another look at the speed oven category.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.