Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!
What’s your favorite part about St. Patrick’s Day? I know all year I look forward to a corned beef sandwich. Yes, we all know the traditional way of cooking this meal and it’s delicious. However, have you ever thought about grilling the corned beef? Probably not, but Weber would never steer you wrong. They have shared an extremely tempting recipe by Jamie Purviance (Weber’s Master Griller) that involves grilling your corned beef dinner and let’s face it what’s better than cooking outside?
For starters, this recipe is used with indirect heat so you will need either a foil pan or a GBS griddle (Click Here for Weber Griddles). Below are the ingredients needed for this recipe.
2½ pounds corned beef (with spice packet)
1 rib celery, trimmed, cut into ½-inch diagonal slices
1 carrot, peeled, cut into ½-inch diagonal slices
1 small yellow onion, cut into thin wedges
2 garlic cloves, crushed with the side of a knife
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes in juice
½ head (1 pound) green cabbage, cut into 4 wedges, cores slightly trimmed
10 small red potatoes, each cut in half
2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
You will need to start by unwrapping the corned beef and patting it dry with paper towels. Then let the beef stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes. You can then start the grill and set the temperature to medium (350° to 450°F). Now you can arrange the celery, carrot, onion, and garlic in either your 13-x-9-inch foil pan or GBS griddle. Place the corned beef on top of the vegetables and pour the spice packet over the corned beef. Be sure to rub the spices into the surface of the meat. Next add the tomatoes and fill the empty tomato can with water and add it to the pan.
As always, be sure to clean the cooking grates. After you clean them, you can cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and grill over indirect medium heat with the grill lid closed. Remove the pan from the grill after about 2 hours and add the cabbage wedges and potatoes around the corned beef, spoon the cooking juices on top of everything. Once again, cover the pan tightly and continue to grill over medium heat for about another hour more or until the corned beef, potatoes, and cabbage are tender.
After the meal is all done, the corned beef can be transferred to a cutting board, feel free to spread the mustard on top and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Don’t forget to cut across the grain for the best results! This is a great, fun recipe that will bring a nice change of pace for those of you who make corned beef every year.
With the best grilling season around the corner, here are some awesome products from Weber!
- 48,000 BTU-per-hour input for main burners.
- Have the option to sear, roast, bake, and steam, by simply replacing the grate with a variety of custom fit grillware.
- Use Weber Connect smart technology to get real time food temperature alerts, reminders, and flip and serve notifications right to your phone.
- Grill multiple steaks on the extra-large sear zone.
- When the lid is lifted, motion activated LED lights will illuminate the entire grill surface and side tables.
- Sauté veggies or heat up sauces on the side burner.
- Everything is in arms reach with the extra-large prep and serve table.
- Holds up to 13 burgers made with a Weber burger press.
- Slide the lid into the Tuck-Away™ lid holder on the side of the grill to avoid placing it on the ground.
- Cooking grate is compatible with GBS inserts and is hinged for easily adding charcoal while grilling.
- Tool hooks for hanging grilling tools.
- Char-Basket™ fuel holders organize charcoal for direct or indirect grilling.
- The porcelain-enameled lid ad bowl makes for superior heat retention.
- Use the warming rack to keep things warm or toast buns while grilling food below.
This is an especially cool product from Weber which will be available soon to purchase! It is an extra-large, high-performance griddle, designed to provide fast, even heat edge-to-edge.
- Powerful 4 burner system generates 60,000 BTU’s for fast, even heat reaching over 500°F.
- Equipped with a corner grease chute and high capacity, front-access grease tray which prevents spills and splatter, making cleanup easy.
- Built to last, the durable aluminized steel cookbox construction prevents corrosion and supports longevity.
- Keep your griddle surface safe until the next meal with the hinged hard cover that protects the griddle from the elements between cooks.
Imagine the delicious cheesy scrambled eggs, fluffy pancakes, juicy burgers and toasted paninis you can enjoy on this awesome griddle! Weber is a great addition to your outdoor space and all of your cookout’s and BBQ’s. Be sure to try the grilled corned beef recipe and send me some feedback, I would love to hear how it turned out!